So I’ve been thinking, trees are really weird. If you think about it, they are just sticks that come out of the ground. Then why do we care about them so much? It is because they are the things that give us oxygen and fruit. And that is why we have Earth Day! We designate one day to give thanks to our planet for letting us stay in its cozy home.
And for that, I have a top ten list of things you can do for our planet Earth. And with no further ado, here we go!
- One thing you can do is not use your car. Those things emit a lot of bad stuff and can damage the Earth even more.
- You can conserve some water. I understand that Earth has a lot of water, but conserving some will allow our supply to carry on a little further.
- RECYCLE!!! Don’t litter and try reusing some of the materials you have at home.
- Another thing you can do is to plant some more trees in our Earth and help to reduce the number of greenhouse gasses we have in our atmosphere.
- You can change your lightbulbs. Compact fluorescent light bulbs last up to 10 times longer than the normal ones. If you really want to go the extra step, buy the Energy Star light bulbs, they have met EPA and U.S. Department of Energy guidelines for energy efficiency.
- You can also clean your air filters, or get a programmable thermostat so you can make your home more energy efficient. This especially helps in the homes that use fossil fuels for energy.
- Try to reduce your food waste, just one night of leftovers isn’t that much to ask, right? Make a plan to go to the supermarket only when you need it so you can reduce the amount of food you waste.
- You can use less food packaging and buy a reusable bag so you reduce the toll on your environment.
- Buy your groceries locally to reduce the need to waste energy on shipping. But it’s ok if you splurge sometimes to get some out of season fruit, you already made up for it by buying locally.
- The last tip is the most important, just remember to stay aware of your surroundings and try to help the Earth on a daily basis.
And that’s about it.
Thank you for checking out this blog post. I hope to see you in the next one!